We are a cannabis company that designs, builds, owns and operates multiple federally regulated production facilities. In the past 6 months we have grown 400% and we are continuing to grow and need to add another skilled person to the team. The office is located in Burnaby and the building is located within a block of a Skytrain station.
We are looking for a person who has security and IT system experience. This person is to set up, manage, configure, commission and test IT and security systems mostly from our Burnaby facility. The ideal candidate would be able to configure and manage the following:
- Windows Server 2012, Windows PC OS
- Network Switch: Cisco, Brocade, Optigo
- HBA Fibre Channel, 10, 40 & 100 GigE
- SonicWall Security Network Appliance
- Kantech Global, DSC (VK4401, TL250), American Dynamics (VideoEdge & Victor)
- Communication Protocals: RS232, RS485, TCIP
- Manage small projects approximately 2 – 6 people
- Layout job on site per specs & drawings with the ability to make quick decisions
- Install, troubleshoot and service: CCTV systems, Alarm systems, Access Control
- Completing root cause tickets to find permanent and effective solutions, while recommending infrastructure improvements
- Communicating ticket status and updates directly to clients
- A willingness to work flexible hours when required to meet client deadlines, with most work being within regular office hours 0830am to 5pm PST.
- Visit company owned or client sites when required, to discover issue solution or complete issue resolution.
- Consistently display superior customer service skills and telephone etiquette
- Quickly assess and troubleshoot complex problems and devise effective solutions
- Incident management (logging incidents, managing workload, documenting support issues)
Skills, Talents and Attributes Qualifications
- IT skills in a challenging Experience as a Service Technician in the security, electronics, telecommunication, or IT industry
- Proven service experience of complex physical security systems such as Kantech, DSC, American Dynamics etc;
- Post-secondary training in electronics or equivalent
- Experience with the following systems and technologies are an asset: IP networks, low voltage electronics, power and communications, Access Control, CCTV (IP and Analog), Intrusion Systems, Client-Server security applications.
- Valid Driver’s License with clean abstract
- Able to work independently
- Awareness of productivity and profitability of the work carried out
- Willingness and capability to learn and develop
- Able to pass varying levels of security clearance
- Personal hand tools required
- Strong interpersonal skills with a polished and professional manner
- The ability to deal with all levels of management
- Excellent organizational skills with motivation, self-direction, and good time management skill
- The ability to maintain confidentiality and deal with sensitive or difficult situations with tact and diplomacy; and, excellent attention to detail.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written
- If you are also fluent in French, spoken and written we consider it a bonus for you and us!
You will do well in this role if you are an effective communicator who can work with diverse teams. You must be adaptable, have strong problem-solving skills, and be able to work collaboratively.